Monday 27 May 2013

Couple's Story

You weren't out there that long, were you? I can't bear to think that no one found you right away."
Noah shook his head. "No more than a couple of hours, I'd guess." 
"A couple of hours!" Jane and Kate exclaimed. They froze, exchanging horrified looks. 
"Maybe a little longer. Hard to tell because the clouds were blocking the sun." 
"Longer?" Jane asked. Her hands were clenched into fists. 
"And I was wet, too. I guess it must have rained on me. Or maybe the sprinklers came on." 
"You could have died out there!" Kate cried. 
"Oh, it wasn't so bad. A little water never hurt anyone. The worst part was the raccoon when I finally came to. With the way he kept staring at me, I thought he might be rabid. Then he came at me." 
"You were attacked by a raccoon?" Jane looked as though she might faint. 
"Not really attacked. I fought him off before he could bite me." 
"It tried to bite you!" Kate cried. 
"Oh, it's no big deal. I've fought off raccoons before." 
Kate and Jane stared at each other with shell-shocked expressions, then turned toward their siblings. Appalled silence reigned before Noah finally smiled. He pointed his finger at them and winked. "Gotcha.

Visit www.ultramatrimony.com for more info

No comments:

Post a Comment